Welcome to K-2!
Important Dates & Reminders
- 2/11 No School
- 2/14 Valentine’s Day Party
- 2/18 No School: President’s Day
- 3/7 Field Trip All Students Early (8:05-12:57)
- 3/11-16 Women in History Week
- 3/18 No School: Staff Development Day
- 3/22 TK/K Vehicle Museum: More details to follow!
Our party will be on 2/14 from 10:30-11:30. Please help your child send in one unaddressed Valentine for each of their classmates on 2/14. Due to food allergies and per district policy, students may not hand out candy/food items along with their Valentines.
Field Trip 3/7/19
We are so excited that on Thursday, 3/7 we will be taking a field trip to Hansen Ranch in Santa Paula! We will learn about planting, harvesting, and eating healthy foods. All students will be Early Birds that day (8:10-12:57) and we will have some time to eat lunch at the farm around 11:00. Please be sure your child eats a hearty breakfast and wears closed toe shoes, a hat, and sunscreen. They will need to bring a sack lunch to eat at the farm. We will be taking a bus to and from Santa Paula and are allowed to have three chaperones per class. If you are interested in chaperoning, please let me know. I will pick names out of a hat if we have more than three parents interested. Please sign and return the field trip form that went home in your child’s Homework Folder.
PVSD 2018-19 Calendar
What TK/K Students Are Learning
- Letter Recognition: Ee (TK)
- Math: Module 3: Counting to Ten (TK)
- Letter/Sound: Short Ee (K)
- Sight Word: I, like, we, the, see, go, she, can, is, a, he, has, play, little, and, you, with, big, for & no
- Math: Module 3: Length, Weight, Capacity, and Counting to Ten (K)
- Stories Have a Message